A smooth and easy flow of communication is very vital for any organization. A lot of communication channels such as phone call, email, and fax are already available, thanks to technology. However, using these means of communication can sometimes be confusing. It is very important that communication should be kept effective and efficient both technically and economically.
Unified communications (UC) is the latest technological architecture that allows individuals and businesses to keep communication in one entity rather than having it in different platforms.
It can bridge the gap between VoIP and other communication technologies and can give a better control over all communications. Using this can make decision-making and transactions faster thus, allowing the businesses to become more productive. Unified Communications allow individuals to communicate in whatever means that best suit their needs and situations.
Advantages of Unified Communications
• Advanced telephony
– Short number dialing
– Multiple devices rings
– Single number
• Cheaper calls
• Simplified billing
Business disruptions cannot be avoided and the best way to prepare for these things is to always expect the unexpected. Crisis communication is the way that companies reach out to customers, employees, vendors, and other stakeholders during problematic moments. It makes sure that all communication systems will operate as expected whenever problems and disruptions in an organization happens.
What is crisis communication?
Crisis communication is a means of protecting an organization’s reputation and maintaining a good public image. A lot of factors can affect an organization’s image and reputation. This can include government investigations, criminal attacks, and media enquiry. Crisis communication specialists role is to fight against different problems and challenges that can harm an organization’s reputation.
Following an effective process in crisis communication is very important. Below are some things that one should follow when it comes to crisis communication:
• Employees should avoid ignoring clients and external parties. They should always discuss all problems that take place and should seek for help if needed.
• Never criticize individuals. Always show care and concern to everyone. Always encourage everyone and avoid blaming each other.
• Practice effective communication all the time especially during emergency situations.
• All information should always be integrated in all the departments of any business and organization. Never rely on assumptions whenever crisis happens.
• Crisis communication specialists should always have quick decisions. They must always respond in an effective and timely manner every time problems and crisis take place.
• Managers and superiors should conduct regular evaluation performance for all employees. Always give reports and feedback to help increase improvements.
Role of UC in Crisis Communication
• Unified communications is an effective platform which allows quick dissemination of messages and information to all stakeholders during a crisis.
• It gives a real-time response to all queries from investors and media.
• Unified communications is global and allows connection to different offices from anywhere around the world.
• It allows flexible call routing which can be very effective during crisis communication.
• Whenever an organization loses its data, unified communications can provide a cloud backup to make sure all information and data are safe.
Unified Communications has already proven throughout the years that it can provide great help to companies and organizations in saving money, time, and IT resources. Unified Communications can drastically change a business for the better.